DST NIDHI-PRAYAS CENTRE
National Initiative for Developing and Harnessing Innovations (NIDHI) is an umbrella program conceived and developed by the Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India, for nurturing ideas and innovations (knowledge-based and technology-driven) into successful start-ups.
Under this initiative, DST has launched NIDHI – Promoting and Accelerating Young and Aspiring innovators & Startups (NIDHI-PRAYAS) program. The program caters to idea-stage entrepreneurs with a physical product offering, who require support/ funding for prototyping. It would also facilitate the women innovators with the Physical infrastructure, Technical Guidance, Business Mentorship etc.
AIC Banasthali is Rajasthan’s 1st and only NIDHI PRAYAS Centre supported by DST, Government of India
The objective of PRAYAS Centre at AIC Banasthali is to support Women-led Innovators by providing prototyping grant upto Rs. 10.00 Lakhs and help with world class Lab facilities at Banasthali for the development of Proof of Concept/Minimum Viable Product or a Ready Product. The focus is on addressing the idea to prototype funding gaps:
- To enable translation of an innovative idea to a prototype
- To provide a platform for faster experimentation and modify approaches in the idea to market journey
- To generate innovative solutions relevant to the local and global problems
- To attract a large number of youths who demonstrate problem solving zeal and abilities to work on their new technology/ knowledge/ innovation-based start ups
- To enhance the pipeline in terms of quality and quantity of innovative start-ups to the incubators
- To build a vibrant innovation ecosystem, by establishing a network between innovators, academia, mentors and incubators